Monday, December 14, 2009

Catching Up to the Best

With the year quickly drawing to a close, many critics have begun piecing together their annual Top 10 lists. While I enjoy viewing other people's lists, I always struggle for one of my own. There are simply too many films I've yet to see and won't get a chance to for quite some time. This isn't too surprising, though. I'm constantly playing the catch-up game when it comes to new releases. In fact, I feel like only now could I compile a decent Top 10 list for 2008. Living in a small-ish Oklahoma town certainly doesn't help, as the local theater's selections usually leave much to be desired. Oh well, I guess I'll resign myself to viewing most of the following films on DVD as my best of '09 list waits well into the next year.

Yet to see:
Avatar, An Education, The Hurt Locker, Invictus, Nine, Precious, A Serious Man, Up in the Air, The Road, Crazy Heart, The Cove, The Lovely Bones, The Messenger, (500) Days of Summer, A Single Man, The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans, Big Fan, The Princess and the Frog, The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus, Star Trek, Moon, Watchmen, Bright Star, In the Loop, The Informant! ...and many more

No comments:

Post a Comment