Monday, September 21, 2009

Trailer: Harry Brown


A trailer for Harry Brown, the newest film from Sir Michael Caine, debuted recently, so I decided to take a look. The story centers on an elderly ex-serviceman who seeks to avenge the death of his friend. From the trailer, this appears to be in the vein of Gran Torino or Death Wish; the kind of personal vendetta films that audiences seem to respond with a passion. I'm looking forward to the film, but I wonder just why so many people seem to enjoy these types of stories. Maybe it's a wish-fulfillment thing - something to do with taking justice into their own hands. Whatever the case, I'll watch Michael Caine in just about anything, so this film makes my "to watch" list. Currently, Harry Brown is scheduled for release next month in the UK, but there's no word yet on a US release date.

Check out the trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVOSfHFNlcI and share your thoughts in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment