Saturday, September 12, 2009

Have a Fourth Helping (or more) of Pirates


Well, the fourth Pirates of the Caribbean film continues to be moving forward as expected. This week, On Stranger Tides was revealed to be the film’s subtitle. This fourth film, one that is planned to be the start of a new trilogy, will supposedly focus more on Johnny Depp’s Jack Sparrow character as Keira Knightly and Orlando Bloom are not expected to return. Rob Marshall will take over directing duties this time around, although the screenwriters of the previous installments, Ted Elliot and Terry Rossio, will return to pen the sequel(s).

I don’t know about you, but the idea of another Pirates movie (or movies) doesn’t exactly excite me. While I thoroughly enjoyed the first film, the sequels became increasingly convoluted and, consequently, I lost interest in the franchise. But, with that said, the idea of shifting the focus squarely on Captain Jack could have some potential. Let’s face it, Johnny Depp has always been the main draw for these films anyway. With a fresh start to the series, maybe we can get a good film out of the deal.

While I won’t be holding my breath for anything special, my level of interest in a new Pirates film has risen a slight degree. What do you think of the idea of more Pirates?

No comments:

Post a Comment