Monday, April 5, 2010

The Best Picture Challenge

Some might call me a completist when it comes to cinema - I just prefer to call myself well-rounded (at least that's my aim). With that in mind, I recently researched which of the Best Picture Academy Award winners I'd seen and which I hadn't. As it turns out, I've watched 61 out of the 82 films, a respectful 74%. Of course, my new goal is to view the remaining 21 unseen films. I'm giving myself until the end of the year to complete this task; plenty of time, I'm sure. Hopefully along the way I'll give some updates on where I stand in my movie countdown and provide a few thoughts on the films in question.

The Unseen List:
Wings
The Broadway Melody
Cimarron
Grand Hotel
Cavalcade
Mutiny on the Bounty
The Great Ziegfeld
The Life of Emile Zola
Going My Way
Gentleman's Agreement
Hamlet
The Greatest Show on Earth
Around the World in Eighty Days
Gigi
Tom Jones
My Fair Lady
Oliver!
Chariots of Fire
Gandhi
The Last Emperor
The English Patient


Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment