Monday, November 23, 2009

Trailer: Greenberg

The trailer for Noah Baumbach's latest effort, Greenberg, has hit the web recently, so I thought I'd take a look. Baumbach's an interesting director. His projects seem so personal, almost to their detriment at times. For example, I was mixed over his last film, Margot at the Wedding, but loved The Squid and the Whale. I felt that the latter used elements from his personal life more effectively than the former. With this new film, I'm definately looking forward to it. The story centers on a 40 year-old man, played by Ben Stiller, who "wants to do nothing for awhile". He decides to housesit for a relative while he attempts to figure things out.
The trailer features Baumbach's usual humor and wit, along with a nice music choice. I kind of perk up when a see something like this that doesn't necessarily fit into a specific box. And it's good to see Ben Stiller branching out from his usual mainstream fodder. I'm interested to see how he handles this material.
Look for Greenberg when it hits theaters next year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5r_NVHi51A

No comments:

Post a Comment