Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Toy Story 3 Trailer


Well, it's been a long time coming, but Pixar has moved forward with Toy Story 3 and now the first trailer is available online. The basic premise of the film features Andy leaving for college, leaving his old toys to be dumped at a local daycare center. After some abuse from the kiddos, Woody and the gang decide to form an escape plan.

This series holds a special place for me, so of course I'll be in line (like many others) to see this when it's released next year. I still remember going to see the first film when I was ten years old, which was probably the perfect age to see it. I was old enough to recognize the technological advances being made, but still enough of a kid to have the story completely take hold of me. Walking out of the theater, I knew that I had just witnessed something special. With this new film looking to expand on the themes explored in the previous installments, I'll be interested in what direction they decide to take it.

On a side note: So many sequels come off as cash-grabs, but with Pixar involved, I know this project isn't one of them. Their level of quality and consistency goes unmatched. I am a bit concerned, though, that they are starting to lean more towards sequels than original stories. While Toy Story 3 is fine, after that there are plans for a Cars sequel and I've even heard rumors of a Monsters Inc. sequel. In the past, members of Pixar have stated that they wouldn't focus heavily on sequels; doing them only if a film really warranted one. I'm not trying to say that Pixar is beginning to slum it, but do Cars and Monsters Inc. really need additional films? Just some food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment